Surprisingly, the body of Christ is quite divided on the subject of creation. Below is a common list of their viewpoints. All these views have one thing in common: they try to accommodate what the secularists believe about origins while trying to explain God’s role in it. What do you believe about the origin of the earth and mankind?
* There’s a gap of millions of years between the first verses of Genesis.
* We don’t know what the 7 days of Genesis mean.
* The flood was a local event. Fossils are probably millions of years old.
* God used evolution to evolve Adam and Eve.
* The Framework idea fits millions of years into Genesis.
* Genesis 1 is a poem.
* Adam and Eve don’t have to be literal people.
* God made races of people to start with.
“Evolution is unproven and unprovable. We believe it, however, because the only alternative is an act of creation by a God, and that is unthinkable.” ~Author Unknown
What do your children and teens believe about creation? Have you asked them? Does it even matter?
(We recommend you visit the website www.AnswersInGenesis.org to learn more.)
Kids in Ministry International
PO Box 549 * 111 Collins Avenue
Mandan, ND 58554