How to Start an Official KIMI PowerClub
Kids in Ministry International How to Start an Official KIMI PowerClub
Although PowerClubs operate independently of Kids in Ministry International and are connected only by voluntary relationship, there are certain criteria that is necessary in order to be one of the official KIMI PowerClubs. They are:
- A potential PowerClub leader has to be trained through the School of Supernatural Children’s Ministry course, either on video, MP3, or the online course. Or they may have been trained through the shorter course, the PowerClub Training, which is smaller part of SSCM.
- Individual Powerclub leaders can train alone, or they can train as a part of a group. To sign up as an individual, click here to fill out the enrollment form. Only certified PC graduates receive a certificate of completion as verification of their training.
- Every leader is to read the Redefining Children’s Ministry in the 21st Century book. This is officially a part of both of the courses named above.
- All official PowerClubs are asked to use the KIMI Curricula, or any of the curriculums from other publishers sold in our online store. However, we ask that no less than one KIMI Curriculum be used each year. We sell curriculums from other writers who have the same or similar doctrinal beliefs and philosophies of equipping children, bringing them into the supernatural lifestyle of Christ. More will be added in the future to allow for a wide variety of approved materials. But only KIMI approved curriculums are allowed in official PowerClubs. Approved materials are only those sold in our online store. (If a leader believes they have found a curriculum that would complement our philosophy and vision, they are encouraged to submit it to us for review.)
- KIMI PowerClub leaders are asked to follow the full Tabernacle Pattern of Ministry in their children’s services as taught in the Training Course as much as possible. However, it requires a time frame of almost two hours to go through the whole Pattern. Most churches do not have that much time on Sunday mornings, so if they want to be a PowerClub, we simply ask they incorporate as much of the pattern as they can. If a PowerClub has ample time available, they should faithfully adhere to the Pattern as taught.
- All KIMI PowerClub leaders pledge to adhere to KIMI’s three Core Values consistently as taught in the PowerClub Training Course. This includes giving children the meat of God’s word, equipping them for the believer’s work of the ministry, and providing regular opportunities for them to encounter the presence of God. This is especially important for PowerClubs that are not able to use the entire Tabernacle Pattern because of time constraints. By adhering to the three core values, the essence of the Pattern is fulfilled.
- To begin an official KIMI PowerClub, leaders must sign an agreement to our doctrinal statement of faith as posted on our website.
- Official PowerClub leaders will need to submit an up-to-date background check before beginning their Club.
- They will need to submit a signed copy of the KIMI Child Protection Policy.
- Official PowerClub leaders will have applied to be a PowerClub through submitting an application form. This includes submitting a Pastoral recommendation from their pastor or spiritual leader.
Support KIMI PowerClubs Around the World